Offshore Contracts Manager
Our client are the people behind the electricity grid. Decarbonisation of Ireland’s electricity grid is at the heart of Ireland’s Climate Action Plan. Our client are leading Ireland’s transition to a sustainable low carbon future. Over the next decade, their work will help to create a more sustainable energy future, supporting the development of society and economy.
Offshore – exciting new opportunities
They have announced a number of key roles related to offshore wind. The development of offshore wind energy generation is one of the most important pieces of work that Ireland will undertake this decade. Their job is to connect that power to the electricity grid, moving it from out at sea to shore, ready for homes and businesses. Right now, they’re leading the plans to connect wind power off the south and east coasts, bringing more renewable energy onto the grid.
The Offshore Contracts Manager will be part of the team reporting to the Head of Offshore Delivery and will be responsible for assisting with the development, execution and ongoing management of effective procurement strategies for the Offshore Delivery programme.
As the Offshore Contracts Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Provide professional procurement expertise to deliver key business objectives (cost, delivery performance, risk mitigation, innovation, etc.) and Collaborate closely with the Commercial team in Finance.
- Develop and define Procurement Strategy in liaison with key business functions to ensure requirements are fully met in a cost-efficient manner
- Communicate to management on supply chain developments and provide regular market intelligence updates highlighting any risks on their critical business path as early as possible
- Assist in the development of new Offshore Frameworks to ensure Offshore enduring requirements are fully met
- Identification, categorisation and ongoing tracking of qualitative and quantitative efficiencies
- Ensure that key regulatory, legal and commercial governance policies and processes are properly addressed and managed
- Ongoing tender administration and financial requisition/purchase order governance and approval duties
- Lead all procurement activity on their current frameworks to ensure immediate Offshore requirements are met in a timely manner
- You will assist with the entire partner lifecycle including but not limited to; calling off the strategic relationships, onboarding, service delivery and offboarding activities.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualification in Supply Chain Management/Engineering/Business/Law or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of utilities and/or experience of public sector tendering
- Proven experience of working in contract management, client engagement and/or service delivery
- Expertise in the procurement of services or products within or destined for the offshore energy industry
- Working knowledge of purchasing tools, platforms and processes
- Understanding of the financial analysis and reporting of project budgets